A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Little Art Deco to Color My Heart



This new Single "Snowflake" stamp, another goodie from Cheryl's open house, is just the stamp to use for the Color My Heart Color Dare to use Blush, Sorbet, and Gypsy.  You may notice that I have the word snowflake in quotation marks.  This is because I see this stamp more as an Art Deco tile.  No matter what you call it, I love this stamp and all its possibilities.  Today I stamped it and the sentiment with Slate pigment ink and clear embossed before coloring the "snowflake" with alcohol markers.  The panel is popped up with foam tape.  Please note that, unlike in my last post, I used some restraint with the sparkles, lol,  I am not sure if this is Gypsy paper.  When Close to My Heart had its 8.5 x 11 paper packs on clearance, I ordered a few, but am not sure of all the colors.  This one looks like what others are using for this dare, but then again, it might be Spring Iris.  Either way, it is the closest color paper that I have.  Here is the inside:



 
  
Like I said, I can see lots of possibilities for this stamp.  The layout is this week's Unscripted Sketch:
 
 

 
Thank you for stopping by!  Now please head on over the Color My Heart Color Dare and Unscripted Sketches to see what creations the others have come up with.  Until next time, Hansi
 
Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Sorbet, Blush, Slate, Gypsy (?,) and White Daisy cardstock
Ink:  Slate pigment and dye inks, Blush, Sorbet, and Gypsy alcohol markers
Stamps:  Avonlea Cardmaking Workshop (retired), Single Snowflake,
Embellishments:  Clear Sparkles, Silver Shimmer Trim, Clear Detail Powder
Other:  Paper Lace II embossing folder from Cuddlebug
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Love the embossed background and the "art deco" stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hansi, Once again I'm getting great ideas from you--you've just made the "snowflake" have an entirely different set of uses as an art deco tile. Way to think outside the box! Awesome coloring, embellishments and nicely decorated card inside. Thanks for inspiring me once again and for sharing with us at Color My Heart Color Dare!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embossing looks really great with that "snowflake!" I really like how you can see different possibilities in it and inspire the rest of us. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossing! Makes it so elegant! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch - thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete